GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR REGISTRATION AND OF MANUFACTURERS, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, CONTRACTORS, AND CONSULTANTS SYSTEM OF THE TANAUAN WATER DISTRICT (TWD)
The objective of the eligibility check under the procurement law, in accordance with the Amended Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of R.A. 9184, is to ensure that all potential suppliers and contractors of goods, infrastructure, civil works and services which satisfy the minimum requirement as set by the procurement law are awarded contract by the government.
All interested suppliers and contractors of goods, infrastructure, civil works and services who wish to be included in the Tanauan Water District registry system.
III. APPLICATION FOR EVALUATION AND APPROVAL
All interested suppliers and contractors of goods, infrastructure, civil works and services shall submit a letter of intent (LOI) addressed to the BAC Chairman with attached application for registration. The letter of intent should be submitted to the BAC Secretariat Office located at BAC Secretariat Office, Tanauan Water District, Tanauan City, Batangas Attn: Ms. Irene Cuaro. The following documents shall be submitted together with the application for registration:
A. Class “A” Documents
- Registration certificate from SEC, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) for sole proprietorship, or CDA for cooperatives, or any proof of such registration as stated in the Bidding Documents.
- Mayor’s permit issued by the city if municipality where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder located.
- Tax Clearance
- Statement of the prospective bidder of all its on-going and completed government and private contracts, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any, whether similar or not similar in nature and complexity to the contract to be bid, within the relevant period as provided in the Bidding Documents. The statement shall include all information required in the PBDs prescribed by the GPPB.
- In the case of procurement of infrastructure projects, a valid Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board license and registration or any similar license or registration for the type and cost of the contract to be procure.
- The prospective supplier or contractor’s audited financial statements, showing, among others, the prospective supplier or contractor’s total and current assets and liabilities stamped “received” the BIR or its duly accredited and authorized institutions, for the preceding calendar year which should not be earlier than two (2) years from the date of bid/quote submission.
- The prospective bidder/supplier/contractor’s computation for its Net Financial Contracting Capacity (NFCC).
B. Class “B” Document
Valid joint venture agreement (JVA), in case the joint venture is already in existence. In the absence of a JVA, duly notarized statements from all the potential joint venture partners stating that they will enter into and abide by the provision of the JVA in the bid is successful shall be included in the bid. Failure to enter into a joint venture in the event of a contract award shall be ground for the forfeiture of the bid security. Each partner of joint venture shall submit the legal eligibility documents. The submission of technical and financial eligibility documents by any of the joint venture partner constitutes compliance.
Suppliers/contractors that were issued Certificate of Registration shall be officially part of the TWD Registry System.
IV. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The eligibility criteria shall be in accordance with the R.A. 9184 and its amended IRR.
V. COLLECTION OF FEES
To defray for expenses to be incurred in processing, evaluating and validating documents submitted by any supplier / contractor, the TWD shall collect a non-refundable registration fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00) only. All payment relative to the TWD registration shall be made directly to the TWD cashier. Approved Registration of a supplier/contractor shall be effective for a period of one (1) year and renewable every year, subject to the updating of the supplier / contractor’s documents and payment of the non-refundable registration fee.
These guidelines shall be effective upon approval of the TWD Head of Procuring Entity.
(SGD) MS. FELICIANA V. SUMAGUE
TWD Head of Procuring Entity